Travel the world with us!
Passport to Folk Art Trips Have Included:
Passport to Folk Art Trips
Indonesia | Passport to Folk Art Trip
Java and Bali
September 17-29, 2018
- View sunset over the sacred Hindu Prambanan Temple and sunrise over the Buddhist Borobudur Temple
- Visit the workshops of IFAA master shadow-puppet makers and brothers, Riyadi Dwi Susanto & Tri Suwarno
- Dine with the Prince Agung and his wife at Kerambitan Balinese royal court
- Experience a mask-making workshop and attend a traditional Balinese ceremony, with IFAA master woodcarver and mask maker and priest Ida Bagus Anom
- Tour the fascinating community of homes, Green Village & Green School campus, crafted almost entirely of bamboo, with IBUKU Creative Director & TED speaker, Elora Hardy
- Shop at a local Balinese marketplace and then take a traditional cooking class. Enjoy your cooking for lunch!
- See the 11th century temple complex of Tampaksiring and the Tirta Empul Hindu water temple
- Relax and enjoy your last day on Balangan Beach, soaking in the beautiful views of the ocean
Optional Add-On to Komodo & Flores Available.Komodo & Flores Add-On
Where the Dragon Says Goodnight: Lanbuan, Bajo, Baiawa, Moni, Kelimutu & Maumere
September 29 – October 5, 2018
$4,490 Per Person, Sharing; $525 Single Supplement
- Stand face to face with the last living dinosaurs on Earth
- Swim and snorkel on one of the best reefs in the world
- “Knock on heaven’s doors” while enjoying sunrise on top of Kelimutu Volcano
- Meet the people of the remote villages of Bena, Luba and Boawae
- Explore the fascinating tribal culture and art of this remote “Island of Flowers”
- Participate in a workshop with the legendary master weaver and teacher, Alfonso Horeng
For a detailed itinerary, more information, and to register for your trip email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
India | Adventures in Folk Art Trip
India (Gujarat and Rajasthan)
November 4 – 16, 2018
Trip Cost: $3,750 Per Person, Sharing; $950 for Single Supplement: For a detailed itinerary, more information, and to register for your trip email firstname.lastname@example.org T: +1.505.919.9530 or visit taptamarg.com
- The local handicrafts, fabrics and tribal arts surrounding Bhuj, including the Qasab-Kutch Craftswomen’s collective, the world-renowned Khatri block printing studio, and the Khatri tie-dye workshop.
- The opportunity to study with local artists and try your hand at block printing and embroidery.
- The sun temple of Modhera, one of only two sun temples in India.
- Rani-Ki-Vav, one of the finest examples of ancient stonework in all of India
- The markets of Ahmedabad
- Agashiye rooftop restaurant, one of the best restaurants in India!
- A safari into the Little Rann wildlife sanctuary, home to unique native flora and fauna.
- The pink city of Jaipur with its gorgeous palaces and famed blue pottery.
All PASSPORT TO FOLK ART** trips are FULLY INCLUSIVE of:
- All Accommodations
- Meals and Beverages
- Transportation including airline tickets for countries on itinerary
- Sightseeing and Transfers
- English-Speaking Guides and Entrance Fees
- Gratuities (Some gratuities on Cuba trips not included in price.)
- Donation to the International Folk Art Alliance
**Add on trips may not have the same inclusions.
You as the traveler need only pay for:
- International Airline Tickets
- Insurance (Required on most, strongly recommended for Cuba)
- Personal Expenses (Airport taxes, visas, camera fees, specialty beverages, etc.)
For details related to accessibility and levels of physical activity with trips, please contact your trip organizer.