Travel the world with us!
Passport to Folk Art Trips Have Included:
Passport to Folk Art Trips
Cuba | Passport to Folk Art Trip 2018-Yes, you can still travel legally to Cuba!!!
Eastern Provinces and Havana
January 12 – 22, 2018
February 16 – 26, 2018
**Only Two Spots Left**
For a detailed itinerary, more information, and to register for your trip email Peggy Gaustad at email@example.com or call 505.310.1356
Trip Highlights, 10 Nights, 11 Days:
- 3 nights in Santiago de Cuba, a city rich in history from its founder Diego Velazquez, to Hernan Cortez, Teddy Roosevelt and the Rough Riders, and Cuba’s national hero, Jose Marti. We will also be immersed in the folk art and music traditions for which this area is so famous.
- 2 nights in the beautiful seaside town of Baracoa, where Columbus landed in 1492 and proclaimed it to be “the most beautiful land eyes have ever seen.” Due to its relative isolation over the past four centuries, Baracoa is steeped in traditions found only here including a cuisine unique to the area.
- Spend the last 5 nights in Havana at the 5 star Parque Central Hotel with all that this dynamic city has to offer including museums, art galleries, concerts, dance performances and visits with our Folk Art Market friends from years past and present
- Please note: these trips comply with the newly announced travel regulations under the US Treasury Department’s rules regarding Cuba.
Indonesia | Passport to Folk Art Trip
Java and Bali
September 17-29, 2018
- View sunset over the sacred Hindu Prambanan Temple and sunrise over the Buddhist Borobudur Temple
- Visit the workshops of IFAA master shadow-puppet makers and brothers, Riyadi Dwi Susanto & Tri Suwarno
- Dine with the Prince Agung and his wife at Kerambitan Balinese royal court
- Experience a mask-making workshop and attend a traditional Balinese ceremony, with IFAA master woodcarver and mask maker and priest Ida Bagus Anom
- Tour the fascinating community of homes, Green Village & Green School campus, crafted almost entirely of bamboo, with IBUKU Creative Director & TED speaker, Elora Hardy
- Shop at a local Balinese marketplace and then take a traditional cooking class. Enjoy your cooking for lunch!
- See the 11th century temple complex of Tampaksiring and the Tirta Empul Hindu water temple
- Relax and enjoy your last day on Balangan Beach, soaking in the beautiful views of the ocean
Optional Add-On to Komodo & Flores Available.Komodo & Flores Add-On
Where the Dragon Says Goodnight: Lanbuan, Bajo, Baiawa, Moni, Kelimutu & Maumere
September 29 – October 5, 2018
$4,490 Per Person, Sharing; $525 Single Supplement
- Stand face to face with the last living dinosaurs on Earth
- Swim and snorkel on one of the best reefs in the world
- “Knock on heaven’s doors” while enjoying sunrise on top of Kelimutu Volcano
- Meet the people of the remote villages of Bena, Luba and Boawae
- Explore the fascinating tribal culture and art of this remote “Island of Flowers”
- Participate in a workshop with the legendary master weaver and teacher, Alfonso Horeng
For a detailed itinerary, more information, and to register for your trip email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
All PASSPORT TO FOLK ART** trips are FULLY INCLUSIVE of:
- All Accommodations
- Meals and Beverages
- Transportation including airline tickets for countries on itinerary
- Sightseeing and Transfers
- English-Speaking Guides and Entrance Fees
- Gratuities (Some gratuities on Cuba trips not included in price.)
- Donation to the International Folk Art Alliance
**Add on trips may not have the same inclusions.
You as the traveler need only pay for:
- International Airline Tickets
- Insurance (Required on most, strongly recommended for Cuba)
- Personal Expenses (Airport taxes, visas, camera fees, specialty beverages, etc.)
For details related to accessibility and levels of physical activity with trips, please contact your trip organizer.