Welcome! We’ll be glad to see you at the Market! As a wholesale purchaser, you may be able to purchase and not pay the New Mexico Gross Receipts tax (sales tax).
Download the PDF:
Do I qualify?
- NM Wholesale Buyers: You are an in-state business and you are purchasing for resale.
- Out of State Wholesale Buyers: You are an out-of-state business and purchasing for resale.
- Non-Profit Buyers: You are a non-profit organization eligible for GRT tax exemption.
What documentation do I need?
- NM Wholesale Buyers: Type 2 Nontaxable Transaction Certificate (NTTC.) The IFAA information needed to complete the form is at the bottom of this page.
- Out of State Wholesale Buyers: Come to the Market with a business card or letterhead or other documentation verifying your out-of-state business.You will also need to complete a Special Nontaxable Transaction Certificate at the Market, before you make your purchase.
- Non-Profit Buyers: Type 9 NTTC or the Special Nontaxable Transaction Certificate for out-of-state organizations. The IFAA information needed to complete the form is at the bottom of this page.
What can I purchase?
Buyers may place wholesale orders with artists throughout the Market for future delivery. However, the Market assumes no responsibility for these orders and the transaction is solely between the artist and wholesale buyer. Buyers may negotiate a discounted price with the artist after 2 p.m. Sunday afternoon, July 10. This discount is available to any market-goer, when available. Artists are not obligated to discount their prices. Buyers may photograph items of interest during the Market.
How do I pay for my items?
Buyers cannot pay for anything in the artist booth. There can be NO payment transaction (cash, check or other) for any individual items, nor for any deposits on future delivery, directly to the artist. (You must make other arrangements for making deposits on goods for future delivery.)
PLEASE NOTE: Payment in an artist booth jeopardizes future participation in the International Folk Art Market for you and the artist.
All items for immediate sale must be paid for at upper pay station on Milner Plaza. (Refer to the Market Map for location or ask at the information booth.) When you get in line at the pay station, please inform the line host that you are a wholesale buyer. Once you present documentation (see above),the line host will guide you to the wholesale specialist.
**You may pre-register for Express Pay**
Information and registration: market.folkartmarket.org
To complete Type 2 or 9 (NM) NTTC: International Folk Art Alliance; 620 Cerrillos Road
Santa Fe, New Mexico 87505. CRS #: 03-082471-0-0. Questions on wholesale purchasing:
Call or email Pattie at 505-992-7611; firstname.lastname@example.org.